Start Date: 01-11-2021
End Date: 01-11-2023
Coordinator: PISTES SOLIDAIRES-France
DRUSTVO ZA RAZVIJANJE PROSTOVOLJNEGA DELA NOVO MESTO-SLOVENİA
EKONOMSKA SOLA NOVO MESTO-SLOVENİA
COLEGİO SÉNECA S.C.A.-SPAİN
PAYDAS EĞİTİM KULTUR VE SANAT DERNEGI-TURKEY
COLLÈGE JEAN SARRAİLH – MONEİN -FRANCE
This project proposes a training plan aimed at teachers and students in Secondary education (12-16 years old), focused on the development of Ecological Intelligence to develop the capacity of each individual to discern the impact of his or her actions on the environment that surrounds him or her. In such a way that this distinction allows him/her to act consciously so that his/her activity leads to positive results, not only for him/her, but also for the rest of humanity and the ecosystem. The aim of THEMIS is to develop attitudes, habits, ways of feeling and thinking that build awareness of being an integral and active part of a large ecosystem.Thus, generating an awareness of more sustainable and environmentally friendly consumption values and behaviours, THEMIS has these specific objectives:
• Disseminate and raise awareness of the concept of Ecological Intelligence.
• Understanding the impact our actions have on the environment.
• As pointed out by UNESCO, to achieve a change of attitude on the part of the partners and participants.
• Acquire and develop social values and a deep concern for the environment.
• To encourage active participation in the protection and improvement of the environment.
• To connect with the natural world and its social, economic and health implications.
• To improve understanding of the ecological impact of our lifestyles.
• To become aware of our relationship with the environment. – To develop cognitive and affective skills towards the environment.
• Supporting quality environmental education in the context of lifelong learning.